Ah, the humble cutting board. It’s a kitchen staple that doesn’t get enough credit. Sure, it’s great for chopping up vegetables, but did you know that cutting boards are multi-purpose tools that can do so much more? Here are five unexpected uses of French breadboards that will have you saying, “I never knew I needed this!”
- Cheese plate: Hosting a dinner party and need a quick and easy appetizer? Grab your cutting board and create a gourmet cheese plate! Arrange different types of cheese, crackers, fruit, and nuts on the board for an impressive spread that’s sure to impress your guests.
- Serving tray: Who needs fancy serving dishes when you have a cutting board? Use it as a rustic base for serving everything from charcuterie to sushi rolls. Plus, it’s easy to clean and doesn’t take up much storage space. Many people buy French breadboards online in Lodi, California, specifically for this reason.
- DIY project: Feeling crafty? Use your cutting board as the base for a DIY project. Paint it, decoupage it, or add some hardware to create a unique and functional piece of art. The possibilities are endless!
- Rolling dough: Don’t have a dedicated surface for rolling out your dough? Use your cutting board instead! The flat surface makes it perfect for rolling out pie crusts, pizza dough, and even homemade pasta.
- Meat tenderizer: If you don’t have a meat tenderizer tool on hand, you can use your cutting board instead. Simply place your meat on the board and use a mallet or the bottom of a heavy pan to pound it until it’s the desired thickness.
- Herb chopper: Chopping herbs can be a tedious task, but your cutting board can make it easier. Simply place your herbs on the board and use a rocking motion with your knife to chop them finely.
- Fruit tray: Want to make your fruit display look extra fancy? Use a cutting board as the base for a fruit tray! Arrange different types of fruit in a visually pleasing way and your guests will be impressed.
Weber brings you its unique wine bottle shaped cutting board in Lodi, California. Get it from here: https://weber-co.com/.